del Laboratorio Clínico
purpose of the Master of Science in Clinical Laboratory program
is to educate medical technologists (clinical laboratory scientists)
in ways that will improve the quality of the clinical laboratory
sciences in Puerto Rico and enhance the development of both leadership
and quality in clinical laboratory services. The program is designed
as a part-time graduate program with courses offered during the
afternoon and early evening hours. This is compatible with the schedule
of working clinical laboratory scientists who wish to continue graduate
education. The program graduate will be able to manage clinical
laboratories, engage in research in the field, conduct in-service-training,
and efficiently address problems of instrumentation and analytical
procedures. Applicants are encouraged to contact the program for
detailed information and possible changes in contents and scheduling.
· General grade point average of at least 2.75.
· Qualified applicants must have earned a Baccalaurate degree
or Post-Baccalaurate Certificate in Medical Technology from an
accredited institution of higher learning and be certified by the
Commonwealth of Puerto Rico or an equivalent professional
· Applicants must submit the results of graduate entrance
examination tests GRE or PAEG, which must be taken within a five
calendar years of the application date.
· Two letters of recommendation from a former professor and/or
from an employer, must be submitted.
· A personal interview with the faculty.
order to graduate, students must:
· Complete de 36 credit-hour program.
· Obtain an overall average of 3.00
· Complete the research project approved by the faculty
· Complete graduation requirements within a five-year period.
here to download the course description in PDF format)
(Please click here to download the Informative Sheet of the Program)
B�rbara Segarra V�zquez
Dr. Margarita Irizarry Ram�rez
Medical Center Complex
Monacillo Area, Río Piedras, Puerto Rico
· College of Health Related Professions, School of Nursing
Building, 2nd Floor