de Información en Salud
The Master of Science in Health Information Administration Program
consists of two academic years and a summer session for 78 trimester
credits of graduate level course work. The curriculum is based on
a series of structured learning sequences organized in a core body
of knowledge for all students, an area in a related subject, a professional
component, a sequence of tracks for selected topics, and elective
courses. The tracks provide students the opportunity of selecting
an area of interest from among administration, research, or education.
Program graduates are eligible to apply for the registration examination
of the American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA)
to qualify as a Registered Health Information Manager and practice
the profession as a qualified health information administrator.
As a member of the health team, the health information management
performs tasks regarding the definition, design, management, and
evaluation of the health information system. He/she organizes, refines,
and presents data in such a way as to facilitate its processing
A maximum of ten (10) students are admitted each year.
In order to be considered for admission, applicants must meet the
· Hold a bachelor's degree or its equivalent from an accredited
· General grade point average of at least 2.50.
· Have approved a three-credit course with no less than "C"
in each of the following areas: Human Anatomy, Human Physiology,
and Automated Data Processing.
· Submit graduate entrance examination (PAEG or GRE) scores.
· Interview with the program's faculty.
· Fluency in Spanish; must also have knowledge and comprehension
In order to graduate, students must:
· Obtain a general grade point average of 3.0 or higher.
· Satisfactorily complete (with B or higher) all specialty
courses (professional and track).
· Complete all theoretical and clinical practice activities
specified by the program.
· Complete graduation requirements within a five-year period.
(Please click here to download the course descriptions in PDF
(Please click here to download the Informative Sheet of the Program)
Anna Orabona Ocasio
Prof. Anadel Castro Figueroa
Prof. Marta D�az Col�n
Prof. Sandra Santos Nieves
Prof. Sandra Silva Cintr�n
Medical Center Complex
Monacillo Area, Río Piedras, Puerto Rico
· College of Health Related Professions, Main Building, 5th
Floor, Office #502
Director: 787-764-3609; 787-758-2525, ext. 4507
Secretary: 787-758-2525, ext. 4507